Professor José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno attended the International "PIC Symposium" at Pudong, in Shanghai, the dates November 1-2, 2018.
He participated as invited speaker giving the talk: "Biosecurity and Control of ASF in Different Scenarios".
The magazine Animal's Health in the article "Spanish researchers, near the vaccine against African Swine Fever" writes about Professor José Manuel Sánchez Vizcaíno advances on the prototype of the African Swine Fever vaccine in which they are currently working.
Cattle, industrial and agrifood fair.
From the 5th to the 8th of November in Lorca (Spain), the 51st edition, in which Professor José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno will participate with this communications:
- "Current situation and perspectives of the PPA in Europe"
- "Emerging diseases in the sheep and goat sector: Risk Biosecurity measures applicable in sheep and goat farms"
During the day, the SEPOR Gold Award for Research and Commitment to Health and Health will be presented to Mr. José Manuel Sánchez Vizcaíno, for his undoubted importance and contribution to the livestock, productive and industrial sector of the national and international territory.
Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Belgium threatens jobs and exports.
Interview to José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno in the Financial Times newspaper.
Professor José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno talks "La Vanguardia" newspaper about the current problems of African Swine Fever.
1st part: The most fearsome diseases of pigs.
Published a new article of disclosure in the magazine SUIS.
From September 4th to 7th in the Czech Republic. José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno will participate with the oral communication: "First oral immunization in wild boar against African Swine Fever".
Could African swine fever and Classical swine fever viruses enter into the United States via swine products carried in air passengers’ luggage?
New research article published in Transboundary and Emerging Diseases journal.
12th Annual Meeting of EPIZONE
Professor Sánchez-Vizcaíno participates in this congress between 27th and 30th of August in Vienna.
- “African swine fever: The biggest threat for the European swine industry – what can we do?” Keynote lecture, Sánchez-Vizcaíno JM.
- Oral Session 4: Viral infections of Swine 1, Chair: Sánchez-Vizcaíno JM.
- “Sequencing of the tandem repeat sequences (TRS) within the intergenic region between the multigene family 505 9R -10R genes: additional tool for subtyping genotype II African swine fever (ASF) isolates”, Gallardo C, Elsukova A, Woźniakowski G, Nieto R, Soler A, Sánchez-Vizcaíno JM, Igolkin A, Arias M.
Genetic heterogeneity of dolphin morbilliviruses detected in the Spanish Mediterranean in inter-epizootic period
New research article published in BMC Veterinary Research.
In the last 20 years, Cetacean Morbillivirus (CeMV) has been responsible for many die-offs in marine mammals worldwide.