UE-Asia Meeting: "New generation researchers in pig viral diseases: building bridges from labs to policy and the farm"
The international meeting: "New generation researches in pig viral diseases: building bridges from labs to policy and the farm", was held in Madrid last July 12th, 13th and 14th. Around 85 young delegates from Asia and Europe attended this conferfece. The conference program included the following presentations, that you can download by clicking at the title.
Monday 12th July
- "The role of the OIE in the Prevention and Control of Animal Diseases" Kazuaki Miyagishima.
- "From the test tube to he Millenium Development Goals" Juan Lubroth. Part 1.Part 2
- "Coordination of research to address the global challenges in animal health". Alex Morrow.
- "Challenges of viral diseases on pig production in Asia". Shishan Yuan.
FMD AND OHTER VESICULAR DISEASES
- "Transmission pathways of FMD using full genome sequences". Begoña Valdazo-González.
- "The global dimension". Aldo Dekker.
- "Validation of antibody-based methods to refine, reduce and replace animal testing in foot-and-mouth disease research" David Lefebvre.
AFRICAN SWINE FEVER
- "ASFV: The last adventure". José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno.
- "Actual situation of ASF in Russia". Alexander Malogolvkin.
- "A general view on ASFV molecular epidemiology and diagnostic Research". Carmina Gallardo. Part 1. Part 2
Tuesday 13th July
- "Virus-macrophage interactions or where the pathogenesis of PRRSV starts". Wander Van Breedam.
- "The 30-amino-acid deletion in NSP2 of highly pathogenic PRRSV emerging in China is not related to its virulence". Lei Zhou.
- "The fight between PRRSV and the pig's immunity". Enrique Mateu.
- "T-cell epitopes of the matrix protein of PRRSV". Yaxing Wang.
- "Immunomodulatory effects of EU-PRRSV on porcine monocyte derived dendritic cells and macrophages". Helen Singleton.
- "PRSSV vaccine development by reverse genetics, where to start and what to expect". Shishan Yuan.
- "What lessons can be learnt from the genetic analysis of Chinese strains". Xiafang Hao.
- "The complex epidemiology of PRRSV in Europe". Tomasz Stadejek.
- "Sequencing of PRRSV isolates, a useful tool in epidemiology". Sophie Morgan.
- "Development of GP2-mutated PRRSV by reverse genetics for vaccine purposes". Eefke Weesendorp.
- "Herd situation and experience in Thailand to control PRSS". Athipoo Nuntaprasert.
ZOONOTICS- JEV,HEV, Swine Flu
- "Hep E Virus". Alessandra Berto.
- "Swine Influenza". Davide Lelly.
- "Isolation and Characterizatin of H4N8 Avian Influenza Virus from Pigs with Pneumonia in southern China". Wen-Bao Qi.
- "Japanese Encephalitis virus epidemiology situation in China". Xu Zongke.
- "Conflutech". Jabbar Ahmed.
- "The immunology of PCV2 infections and disease development". Ken McCullough.
- "Genetic analysis of PCV2 strains in China". Jinxue Long.
- "Control of PCV2-associated diseases by vaccination". Paolo Martelli.
- "Development of an ELISA for detection of anti-PCV2 antibodies". Liping Huang.
- "PCV2 in rodents: Epidemiology of possible vectors for PCVD". Tamas Tuboly.
- "Profiles of seroconversion to PCV2 in herds of different clinical status". Katarzyna Podgorska.
- "PCV2 capsid mutants and experimental infections". Beatrice Grasland.
- "PCVD: Everyting solved or just started". Hans Nauwynck.
Wednesday, 14th July
Pox, Parvo, TGE, EMCV, PCMV...
- "The pontential of swinepox virus recombinant as vector for vaccines". Dongyan Huang.
- "Detection and differentiatin of coronaviruses". Jianfei Chen.
- "Characterization of the entry of coronaviruses: examples from human and animal coronaviruses". Ren Xiaofeng.
- "Detection and isolation of novel parvovirus". Jinxue Long.
- "Isolation and molecular identification of a novel paramixovirus isolated in China". Huijun Lu.
Classical Swine fever
- "The Proteomics of CSF infection". Chanchun Tu.
- "In vitro and in vivo determination of cytokine gene expression profiles after infection with classical swine fever virus". Anastasia Lange.
- "Antigenic analysis of Chinese CSFVs" Yan Zhu.
- "Epitope mapping of the structural glycoprotein Erns of Classical Swine Fever Virus". Denise Henrych.
- "Antivirals and epizootic infections: CSF as a proof-of-concept". Robert Vrancken.
- "Construction of chimeric CSF virus as candidates for development of CSF vaccines". Chao Tong.
- "Genetic marker vaccine against classical swine fever". Xia Feng.
- "Airborne spread of CSF". Eefke Weesendorp.
- "Major disease challenges in pig production in the EU. Related perspectives in terms of research". François Madec.