The devastating outbreak of the disease that has led to millions of pig deaths in East Asia has intensified efforts to develop a vaccine quickly, but the virus presents several challenges that are yet to be overcome.
During May 22, 23 and 25, Prof. José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno has held a series of seminars in South Korea, organized by the company Dodrom, on the prevention and control of African swine fever. At the same time, he has held a meeting with those responsible for animal health of the Ministry of Agriculture of the country.
The seminars taught were the following:
- Global situation of African Swine Fever
- African Swine Fever Control and Erradication. Routes of Transmission
- Analisis of Clinical signs and pathological lessions
- Laboratory Diagnosis.
- African Swine Fever: Present and Future control.
A delegation of Chinese breeders and veterinarians have visited our center to learn about the status of the African Swine Fever and the improvements that could have been made in China.
New in the media:
- Veterinarios y ganaderos chinos se forman en España sobre la PPA (Animal´s Health, spanish text)
- Veterinarios chinos visitan España para formarse en peste porcina africana (Diario Veterinario, spanish text)
The international scientific journal Frontiers in Veterinary Science has published the study "First Oral Vaccination of Eurasian Wild Boar Against African Swine Fever Virus Genotype II", which is being developed in Spain under the direction of the Professor of Animal Health José Manuel Sánchez Vizcaíno at the Complutense University of Madrid.
The news has had a great impact on the media:
Numerous veterinary representatives attended the presentation of the new campaign to raise awareness of the importance of MSD vaccination during the World Immunization Week